CARMA, the Consortium for the Advancement of Research Methods and Analysis, is an interdisciplinary consortium. It helps to faculty, graduate students and professionals learn of current developments in various areas of research methods and statistics.
• To provide continuing education on research methods and data analysis (introductory to advanced level topics) for graduate students, faculty at various stages of their careers, and professionals
• To serve as a resource for those who teach research methods and data analysis
• To foster a sense of community among organizational scholars in research methods
Access: Camus wide multi-user (Register with your institutional email id).
'Avoiding Plagiarism' is online course and software solution on how to avoid plagiarism by correctly using citations & references and best practice in paraphrasing. This course covers types of plagiarism, Importance of citation and references, referencing systems, referencing tools, strategies of avoiding plagiarism, various news articles in plagiarism and more.
Access: Campus wise multiuser. One time registration with IIMB email.
It is grammar checking technological tool which reviews and improves text by correcting grammar, spelling, word choice and style errors with accuracy. It also detects plagiarism by checking texts against over 8 million web pages.
Access : Users must sign up using their IIMB email ID at http://www.grammarly.com/edu/students/
Download/print the Grammarly Quick Guide for Students
MS WORD PLUG IN can be downloaded from here
MacBook or iPad : Grammarly has officially released the OS X and Safari Plugin. You may download this by logging in from your safari browser into Grammarly and then click on Apps.
J-Gate Custom Content for Consortium (JCCC) is a single point search for consortia, library subscribed and open access journals.It presently has a massive database of journal literature, indexed from 45,192 e-journals with links to full text at publisher sites.
JCCC has facility to trigger e-mail request for article to Inter Library Loan Centers as well as to INFLIBNET Centre.
Access: Campus Wide Multiuser.
Pivot includes a scholar’s information and funding information. It provides access to the most comprehensive global source of funding opportunities. It consists of all of the Papers Invited functionality. It is a worldwide database of more than 20,000 active opportunities across more than 11,000 sponsors.
Features: • Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams, or researchers and the Research Development office. • It allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants • Fosters collaboration by cultivating essential partnerships and alliances.
Access: Multi-User on IP
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database is the most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses. Covers more than 2.3 million dissertations and theses from all around the world
Access: Campus Wide multiuser.
RefWorks is a web-based citation manager that helps you keep track of your research, organize, store citations, and create bibliographies. It is easy to collect or import materials from the open web, Google, major database platforms, and directly from your PDFs or Office documents.
• Collect and Import— With RefWorks, it is simple and fast, to collect or import materials. Auto-completion of reference data and retrieval of full text saves time and ensures accurate citations.
• Manage Research— RefWorks enables users to organize, read, and annotate everything they collect and import.
• Share and Collaborate— RefWorks allows users to share collections and collaborate with others easily.
• Write and Cite— RefWorks is accurate, delivering thousands of customizable citation styles to use within authoring tools.
Access: Multi-use on IP (Register with Institute email ID)
Guides on Refworks Video of RefWorks
• Auto-format with 100% compliance to any journal's guidelines in seconds
• Choose from over 45,000+ verified Scopus indexed journal formats like Elsevier, Springer, and IEEE, etc.
• Integrated plagiarism check for your research
• Integrated spelling and grammar check
• Cite and order in one-click with any citation style
• Collaborate seamlessly with any number of peers
• Export to MS-Word, LaTeX or PDF
Access: Unlimited access to Faculty, Ph.D. Scholars and Researchers and free access to 500 students on IPs.
are free personal bibliographic reference manager. You can download it as browser extension with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari and it works with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
Both the tools help to collect, cite and share your research resources.