1. What are the borrowing facilities IIM-B Library offers to me?
IIM-B Library is having various categories of users and privileges under each category. To know more privileges click here
2. How to access library online catalogue?
On library webpage, you can click on Online Catalogue tab or click here for accessing OPAC.
3. How I can renew the books online and is there any limitation for renewal?
You can renew the books by using your credentials (ID no. + Password) in an OPAC
Steps to Login : Username is your Library Barcode ID and Password is (Default is welcome) Please change your password after logged-in with default password
Steps to change Password: After logged-in Go to My Account → Click on contact → Click on change password
Steps to Renew Books Online : Click on My Account → Select the books which needs to be renew→ click renew tab.
Note: Renewal is not possible if your fine amount exceeds more than Rs 50 and also if the book is in overdue status for more than seven days and if there is any request by any other to the book that is borrowed by you.
4. Which collection is not open for borrow?
References, Journals (Bound Volume and Currant issues), CDs/DVDs, Institution repositories.
5. Which collection is open for borrow?
Books and book with CD
6. How can reserve book in library?
You can reserve or hold the book by using Online catalogue (OPAC). Currently library offers this facility not only for Issued books but available books also.
7. Can I authorize someone to borrow and request library materials on my library account?
This facility is not available
8. If a book is lost or damaged unintentionally what are the remedies?
If the book is lost, you can either replace the book with the new one or else you have to pay current market price of the book + Handling charges (10% or Rs. 50)
9. Can I request book for borrow books from other libraries if required?
Library is offering Inter-Library Loan facility to you for borrowing books from other libraries. To place a request you have to fill the ILL requisition form
10. Can I place a request for purchase of new books?
You can place the request for purchasing new books by using Requisition Form for suggesting a new book to the library.
11. Whom do I contact for circulation related queries (No Dues, Lost of Book, Overdue, renewal notice, renewal request)?
12. When my borrowing privileges will suspend?
If your borrowing limit exceed or if your fine is more than Rs.50 or if the particular book is reserved by other user.